Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Grand Marnier

Sorry for the long delay! The internet here is very slow and it's been difficult to try to get anything done online.

A quick summary:

On Monday I had my first actual sandwich here, tuna with some mayo and lettuce which was quite good. After classes Benny, Lloyd, Emily, and I went shopping, where I almost bought an amazing fo-leather jacket, but refrained. Basically I just walked around and looked at all the fashion. We then hit up the grocery store, where I got some fruit, some pasta, yogurt, some veggies, and some red wine...and that was basically my night!

Tuesday was the day of long classes, so when everything was finally done I came back to the dorms and cooked some yummy pasta and minestrone soup with Emily. It was pretty good despite just randomly putting stuff in. Although I wasn't hungry after all of this I really wanted something sweet, so I took a trip on the tram to a creperie my friend Jackie recommended, where I had an amazing hot crepe with Grand Marnier, which was amazingly delicious and cheap! From now on I am going to try to go there if I need a snack. So yummy.

Today my French teacher canceled my phonetics class so I had more time to explore Paris, which consisted of just going back to Rue Rivoli and looking at the fashion and near Les Halles to get some cheap boots. I couldn't decide what I wanted, however, and thus came back again with nothing. I really need some boots without heels though because this Parisian fashion is killing me. However, I thought I looked quite French today but a shopkeeper asked if I needed help in English, so apparently it is blatantly obvious. Oh well.

It wasn't getting too late, but after awhile the people around Les Halles were starting to look not so nice, and for those of you who don't know, around the forum of Les Halles are dozens upon dozens of sex clubs...or something. So by 5:30/6 it was looking like I really should get out of there.

So I came home after an insanely packed bus ride, heated up some soup and had the other half of a baguette I ordered at lunch today, and now I'm basically just chilling. Sorry...but no pictures lately. Tomorrow I have a wine and cheese tasting, Friday I am going to Versailles, Saturday I might hold a picnic at the Eiffel, and Sunday I am going to the Opera, so there WILL be pictures soon enough, trust me.

I was listening to a French radio station today and heard this song...and was lucky enough to find it. It's absolutely amazing and is the perfect mix of dance music/french amazingness/and cutesy/loveness. =) If I could only tell what they were saying by now...

L'Oeil Du Cyclone - Paris Brune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSK2fhNpyXM

Au revoir!

No comments: