Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the magical baguette

School yesterday was horrific, with one class from 9:45-12:15, another from 2:45-3:45, and yet another from 4:00-4:30. I participated yet again in civ class...I think two days in a row is a record for me. After my first class we all walked down to a different cafe, where people got some food that really tempted me...but I wanted to wait to eat what I had already bought the previous days instead of spending more money.

French class was crazy again, and the amount of participation we are required to do is quite painful. Oh well. That just means by the time I come home I will probably be able to speak French, haha. After class we had yet another French class, this time a phonetics class.

Finally, after classes Lloyd, Benny and I took the RER back and met with Emily to go grocery shopping. We walked awhile to an amazing grocery store where I bought some spreadable meat, crab, and cheese, along with some potato/ham/mayonnaise salad, all to go along with my baguette for the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I tried to get a red pepper and some bananas, but after waiting in line I learned I had to get a label for them, so I didn't end up getting them.
I figure I will try the meats/baguettes/cheeses now while it is warm enough to get a fresh baguette every day or so, yet in a few weeks once it starts getting colder I will finally stock up on some things to cook so I can just cook once I get home from school.

We next went to a bakery, where I purchased a baguette and a pain chocolate. The pain chocolate wasn't as good as the one I got near my school, but the baguette was pure bliss. Luckily I bought one because although I had tried to save my last one, baguettes really only last for one day. This baguette was so soft and delicious and just downright marvelous!

We next hit a wine store, where I didn't get anything since I bought a Rose the other day. Fortunately I bought a corkscrew at the grocery store though. I wanted to get a wine glass, but I figured if I'm going to purchase one I might as well get a really unique one at some cool store in the future, so I held off on that too.

We arrived back at the dorms around 7pm, and I finished up working on my Machiavelli presentation (I had started during my long break at lunch). I had a minimal amount of French homework, which was amazing, and then met for awhile with two other classmates of mine who were also presenting with me.

Although I had eaten most of the baguette on the way home from the bakery, I had a bit more with some salami and brie, and some with the potato/ham/mayonnaise mix....which wasn't as good as I had hoped, but hey - it was cheap and pretty good. I had a glass or two of wine while trying to upload this blog...but failing since the internet at the dorms is so slow (I think I will post and upload pictures at school from now on since it is much faster). And that was my night!

(I don't have pictures yet of what I bought but I will try to remember to upload them tonight.)

No comments: