Friday, September 25, 2009

the attack of jet lag

It really all makes sense now.

Jet lag, according to multiple sources, causes
  • Digestive problems
  • Headache
  • Malaise
  • Loss of appetite
  • Fatigue, irregular sleep patterns, temporary insomnia
  • Disorientation, grogginess, irritability
  • Mild Depression
Now, luckily there haven't been any instances of digestive problems and irritability, but I think for the first time I have been hit with a hard dose of jet lag. Although this is unfortunate, it also makes me a little more positive because maybe when I get over it I won't be such a mess.

I fell asleep for an hour and then I woke up to loud people in the hallway, which caused me to be wide awake, sleepy, and slightly upset (how did all these people make friends all of a sudden and why are they so loud?). I've been up for awhile now and that general unhappy feeling hit me again.

Yet then I read my friend Jackie's blog to see if this 'knowing people' thing was going to be an individual rough thing for me, and I realized that I do still have all day tomorrow, Sunday (nothing mandatory occurring I think!) and all my classes to have the chance to meet people, and maybe by then I will be back to my normal self.

Well, maybe I will try to go back to sleep again....

No comments: